We've duplicated most of the small blurb content here for an easier to read guide to the product, and also included relevant citations and links so you can learn more about each ingredient.
We hope it serves as a useful tool in understanding why we chose to include the ingredients that we did.
Hit us up if you have any questions -- thanks!
A hormone made by the pineal gland in the brain, melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles.
- Melatonin supplementation ameliorates oxidative stress and inflammatory signaling induced by strenuous exercise in adult human males
- Melatonin: a hormone, a tissue factor, an autocoid, a paracoid, and an antioxidant vitamin
- Role of Melatonin in the Regulation of Human Circadian Rhythms and Sleep
A calming agent, L-Theanine helps with anxiety and can also help fight high blood pressure.
- The acute effects of L-Theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans
A carotenoid that functions as an antioxidant, it helps the iris filter light and protect the eye from degeneration caused by extended exposure to blue light like phone screens and computer monitors.
An essential mineral for bone, muscle and nerve health as well as over 300 metabolic processes in the body. It’s also useful to combat fatigue, muscle weakness, and loss of appetite. Magnesium Gluconate helps regulate your body’s magnesium content.
- Intravenous magnesium gluconate for treatment of conditions caused by excessive oxidative stress due to free radical distribution
- Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effects of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magnesium lactate, magnesium gluconate and magnesium chloride
Works alongside sodium to maintain a normal blood pressure. Potassium is an electrolyte, and helps to maintain a healthy balance of fluids in the body. It also helps to transmit electrical pulses to allow for proper nerve and muscle function.
- The role of potassium in physiological processes
- Effects of Oral Potassium on Blood Pressure
- Effects of potassium supplementation on renal tubular function, ambulatory blood pressure and pulse wave velocity in healthy humans
A naturally growing herb, Valerian is taken to cause drowsiness and promote restful sleep.
- Critical Evaluation of the Effect of Valerian Extract on Sleep Structure and Sleep Quality
- Valerian for Sleep: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Aqueous extract of valerian root (Valeriana officinalis L.) improves sleep quality in man
Ginseng Root Extract
Works to help regulate blood sugar and keep energy levels consistent. This reduces stress, anxiety and promotes a relaxed state. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- The efficacy of ginseng. A systematic review of randomized clinical trials
- Double-blind study of a multivitamin complex supplemented with ginseng extract
A member of the mint family, Lemon Balm is a calming agent that helps reduce stress and anxiety. It also promotes restful sleep and can help regulate appetite.
- Anti-diabetic effects of lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) essential oil on glucose- and lipid-regulating enzymes in type 2 diabetic mice
- Modulation of mood and cognitive performance following acute administration of Melissa officinalis (lemon balm)
Hemp Seed Powder
Our hemp seed powder has been used for centuries to help with insomnia, to reduce inflammation, and to relieve muscle tension.