There’s something evocative about drinking tea; a sage image. Gray beard, well-kempt; scrolls, stacked and stained; robe, simple, clean; a cup of tea cradled in wrinkled, sun-seen hands. An air of respectability that reminds me of motherly eyes and leather offices, cups of tea resting invitingly on coasters...
I think that’s why, when I’m looking for an alternative to my morning coffee, I go for a cup of green tea.
Green tea is incredible; probably why it’s the most consumed beverage in the world after water. It contains more catechins (basically strong antioxidants) than black tea or oolong tea, and has been considered for thousands of years as a healthful drink. It fights cancer, fights bacteria, and decreases inflammation. And it’s bitter. Like… bitter, bitter. Middle-school bitter.
The wealth of gossip regarding its benefits, supported by more recent rounds of published studies, have made green tea extract, a more concentrated form of the same active ingredients as an average cup of gReEn TeA, a staple of modern energy supplements. It’s the easiest way to provide camellia sinensis’s trove of health benefits without the, uh, bitterly subjective experience, and why we included green tea extract in our Ancient Herb blend for Prelixir.
Our green tea extract helps the wellness side of our energy offering, serving as an ingredient that:
- Has a HIGH antioxidant content, which fight cell damage associated with aging.
- Gives you SUPER brain !!!!
- Aids in THERMOGENESIS, which is a big word that’s fun to say and is the process by which your body produces heat - burning calories, digesting food, etc. This aids with weight loss and getting your sweat on at the gym.
- Helps RECOVERY, protecting your body from the oxidative stresses induced by exercise and helping you recover so you can get back to progressing.
- And reduces your BLOOD SUGAR levels, which is neat and important to monitor for all of us.
Some benefits of green tea extract come at a higher dosage and level of regularity that we don’t provide, but the inclusion of GTE into our Ancient Herb blend helps round out the effects of Prelixir to be the most bang-for-your-buck pre-workout currently available. Plus, we love green tea, so, it works out.